Persuasive writing, also known as the argument essay, utilizes logic and reason to show that one idea is more legitimate than another idea. It attempts to persuade a reader to adopt a certain point of view or to take a particular action. The argument must always use sound reasoning and solid evidence by stating facts, giving logical reasons, using examples, and quoting experts.
Write a professional quality grant for technology that will fill an academic need at South Anchorage High School. (If you wish, you may choose middle or elementary level education instead of South)
Then read the Proposal Writing Short Course
Some more tips for writing grant proposals can be found at these sites:
Five Tips for Writing Grant Proposals
Formula for a Winning Proposal
How to Write Grant Proposals (information on this site closely follows your grant proposal template)
Now it is time to begin!
You will work with one or two classmates and you will each have specific jobs to complete within your group. You can find the list of basic tasks to help you get started below.
A key ingredient of a successful grant proposal is a strong link to standards. For this proposal, your group will link the goals and objectives of your grant proposal to one of the ISTE Standards for Students
- identify a need in the school – align it with an ISTE standard
- brainstorm ideas for technology that will fill that need, aligned with ISTE standards – these should be goals that can be measured
- If you are looking for extra credit, find a grant on the ASD grants list that will meet your needs
- research ways other educators or students are meeting similar needs with technology – keep track of your sources (will be at the end of the grant in a bibliography)
- outline your grant proposal using the below sections from the ASD Grants Office.
- Needs or problem statement (Why?)
- Measurable goals and objectives to meet those needs
- Activities that meet those goals and objectives: Who • What • When • Where • How
- Will it work? How will you know if you are successful? (Evaluation plan)
- How much will it cost? (Budget to pay for the activities)
sources in the text of your paper and using MLA format in the bibliography.
(guarantee your A – extra credit applied to this assignment)
Apply for a grant from the ASD grants list.