- A definition essay is writing that explains what a term means. Some terms have definite, concrete meanings, such as glass, book, or tree. Terms such as honesty, honor, or love are abstract and depend more on a person’s point of view.
Read through this infographic on new resumes – http://mashable.com/2011/07/10/digital-resume/
Create a traditional resume (you may use a template in LinkedIn, Word or Pages) that is completely perfect and professional
Then, create one of the new creative resumes. Try to think about how you might use it before you start making it. For instance, artists can be a little more creative than engineers. But an engineer would do really well with a website resume or by designing their own app.
- info-graphic (NOT just a Wordle but a Wordle can be a component of any of these)
- video (interactive)
- website with QR code to access or QR code that goes to other information about you
- social resume
Awesome infographic on the history of the resume
- Create a professional social networking profile on LinkedIn. (You will upload your resumes to the site later.) Add me as a “connection” (yes, this is allowed) by searching for “Larissa Wright-Elson” in the search field.
- Create a traditional resume. You may use a template to get started. Since you are a student, make sure you include community/church/school volunteer work, teams and clubs to which you belong, significant travel experiences or exchange programs, jobs (including babysitting, yardwork, etc.), and interesting skills you learned in high school classes.
- Determine how your alternate/creative resume might be used. Have it be reflective of your future career goals, hobbies, passions, etc. OR just have fun and create something that is dynamic and interesting, reflective of your personality. Try using Visualize Me, because it plugs into your LinkedIn profile.
- Save each resume as its original file type and as a PDF document. Upload all of the files/links (so, two of each) into the Edmodo assignment tool. You MUST upload successfully to Edmodo as part of your grade for this task.
- Due 2/13 by 11:59 P.M. – upload files/links to Edmodo.
Make your own personal smart phone or iPad app, like the one in the Mashable example (I have it on my iPad if you want to see it).
If you have an idea for something else that goes far above and beyond the expectations of this course, please run it by me. If it’s pretty good I will likely approve it for extra credit.